Deliver inspiring learning experiences on any scale
Enable online campuses, instructor-led courses, degree programs, and self-paced courses using a single platform.
Trusted by top organizations worldwide
Over 40 million learners reached
Open edX by the numbers
Our vibrant global ecosystem
Easily and confidently scale from supporting small learning to thousands of simultaneous learners.
Empower learners and instructors
- Interactive forums and discussion boards
- Advanced learner and Instructor dashboards
- Live video conferencing
Cross-device / cross-platform
- Works on any device
- Seamlessly integrates with third party tools and extensions such as Salesforce
Extensible and inclusive
- Customizable and easy to use
- Create your own learning platform in minutes
- Use on-premise or in the cloud
- Single tenant or multi-tenant
Rich authoring experience
- Interactive content with adaptive video streaming
- Multimedia, animation, and simulation
- AR, VR, and more
- Dashboards with near real-time data analysis
- Insights for course teams
- Extensive data collection for learning researchers & instructors
edX and Open edX:
Two strong brands, one shared vision.
edX is the online learning destination co-founded by Harvard and MIT. Open edX is the learner-centric, massively scalable learning platform behind it. Originally envisioned as a MOOC platform, Open edX has evolved into one of the leading learning platforms catering to Higher Ed, enterprise, and government organizations alike.