The following changes were released during the week ending 10 February 2017.
LMS: Accessibility Improvements
- For screen reader users of the discussion forum, focus is now sent to the correct place after a response or comment is added.
- The post type options for a new discussion post now use standard radio button visuals so that learners who use high contrast mode can identify which post type is selected.
- The course tools area used for learner notes and the calculator tool is no longer announced to screen readers when no tools are enabled.
- The filter control in the wiki now has a visible field label.
- Search was added to the Insights Courses Page so that course instructors can search by course ID or course name. For more information, see Courses Page in the Using edX Insights guide.
- Closed captions now correctly render for videos on the mobile app.
- Additional screen reader text was added to the learner profile controls to provide screen reader users with more information about available actions.
- Android mobile app users can now manage their video downloads through Android’s native downloads panel area outside of the edX app.
- An initial version of the web fragments framework was merged. This architectural improvement should enable greater flexibility in changes to the LMS user interface moving forward. As part of this effort a python package was created and a separate repository was set up for the initial release as well.