This release includes the following updates and enhancements.
Several improvements have been made to LMS navigation.
- Learners can now use the left-pointing and right-pointing arrow buttons at the ends of the learning sequence to move to the previous or next unit.
- When learners hold their mouse pointers over or have screen readers read each unit in the course sequence, only the title of the unit is displayed or read.
- When learners return to a course, they can open the Course page directly.
Learners can now sign into the LMS using Microsoft® online accounts.
Randomized problems that are sent to an external grader now include the random seed value that was used to initialize the randomization.
Open edX instances can now award badges to learners for specific events such as enrolling in a certain number of courses, completing a certain number of courses, or completing a specific list of courses.
The mobile, course structure, and profile images REST web services are deprecated.
The documentation for edX partners and the Open edX community includes the following improvements.
- The Installing, Configuring, and Running the Open edX Platform guide now includes information about the CourseTalk widget.
- The Installing, Configuring and Running the Open edX Platform guide now includes information about creating and configuring badges for custom course events.
- The Open edX Learner’s Guide now includes information about viewing badges that learners have earned.