EdX has just released the newest version of the edX Platform on edx.org.
Note: This release is not yet deployed on edX Edge.
This release includes the following changes.
- Course team member role names have been made consistent in the LMS and in Studio. In the LMS, on the Instructor Dashboard Membership page, the “Course Staff” role is now labeled “Staff”, and the “Instructor” role is now labeled “Admin”. The “Staff” and “Admin” roles are the same, whether you assign them in Studio by selecting Settings and then Course Team, or on the Instructor Dashboard in the LMS. No action is needed. For more information about roles and privileges, see Staffing in the Building and Running an edX Course guide.
- In Studio, problem types with hints and feedback are now listed at the bottom of the list of common problem types. For more information, see Creating Problems with Feedback and Hints in the Building and Running an edX Course guide.
- When courses do not have a course image specified, a default image is now used in Course About pages in the LMS.
- In the student dashboard, the Find New Courses button has moved from the top of the page to the sidebar on the right side of the page.
- A Best Practices for ORA topic has been added to the documentation about open response assessments. For more information about open response assessments, see Introduction to ORA in the Building and Running an edX Course guide.
For a list of the changes in this and previous releases, see the edX Release Notes.
You can access the weekly release notes as well as all other edX documentation at docs.edx.org.