As part of edX's efforts to ensure that courses are accessible to all learners, edX has enhanced and expanded accessibility guidelines for course teams and edX Platform developers.
For course teams, updated documentation includes information about the following subjects.
- Accessibility best practices for HTML and other course content.
- Image and media accessiblity.
- Accessibility for mathematical content.
- Universal design for learning.
- Other details about making course content fully accessible.
For edX Platform developers, new documentation includes the following information.
- Guidelines for using semantic markup and CSS.
- Using WAI-ARIA to create accessible widgets or enhance native elements.
- Managing focus for pop-up windows.
- Testing code for accessibility.
- Other details about developing accessible software.
Use the links below to read edX's accessibility guidelines.